What are you playing?

Everything not related to Cross of the Dutchman goes here!

Re: What are you playing?

Postby trinest » 12 Dec 2012, 09:19

Did anyone pick up a Wii U? I did and have been knocking down a few of the launch titles like Mario, ZombiU, Darksiders, Assassins Creed etc.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Timen » 12 Dec 2012, 11:07

And what's your opinion on this new machine and its games?

Timen

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby trinest » 13 Dec 2012, 05:25

I think its way to early to see if its going to grow market wise majorly. I feel its halted baked and really needs some strong support of games coming out, which sadly doesn't seem to be the case until March next year. Otherwise there's very few releases until then, and many games coming out I'm not that excited for, for the system. Of course there's the thing at you buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, but even they don't have the polish or magic they used too.

Many of the games I have picked up are on other systems, and their Wii U versions are not that different, for the games which are exclusive, they seem alright, but not amazing. ZombiU I really wish was still Killer Freaks as that had a much better concept.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 13 Dec 2012, 17:55

I'm not much of a Wii or Wii U guy... I'm not gonna flail my arms around like I'm having a seizure playing some silly game...

I bought my wife a NES for her birthday last year (yes, the old mid-80's NES) and I'm thinking of buying her another Nintendo this year. A 3DS XL this time... Funny little things to play with...

(Mind you, I'm going to steal that thing from her a lot, hehehe...)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Mark » 26 Feb 2013, 01:50

Playing some Age of Empires III LAN from time to time (with friends), and some rome total war when I'm bored but other then that not much gaming going on here at the moment.

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby Steven_ » 06 Mar 2013, 11:36

Playing Battlefield 3(xbox) again lately. The final DLC 'End Game' comming up this month! yay!

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Mark » 08 Apr 2013, 17:44

Playing good old red dead redemption with some friends from time to time.
Having a shootout whilst hiding inside a chicken pen is legendary.

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 08 Apr 2013, 21:35

Mark wrote:Playing good old red dead redemption with some friends from time to time.
Having a shootout whilst hiding inside a chicken pen is legendary.

I just finished GTA IV for the first time... Not a bad game at all... Way better than San Andreas...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Mark » 09 Apr 2013, 10:23

USSGreatePier wrote:
I just finished GTA IV for the first time... Not a bad game at all... Way better than San Andreas...

GTA IV was really great, I enjoyed both the story as multi-player and of course the city itself. But the level of freedom in San Andreas was unbeatable. Still miss the days of jumping out of a hydra with a parachute.

But still I really enjoyed the scale of battle in multi-player GTA IV, sniping on a crane near a construction site, having a car shoot out in Manhattan and camp inside a tugboat whilst under fire from a helicopter in a timespan of 10 minutes on the same game is really fun.

Looking forward to the next GTA.

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 09 Apr 2013, 13:04

Mark wrote:But the level of freedom in San Andreas was unbeatable. Still miss the days of jumping out of a hydra with a parachute.

I may one day play SA again... I just didnt like the atmosphere I guess... Nothing beats Vice City in my opinion... Of course very inferior in terms of graphics and such to the newer games, but the atmosphere and story were more my thing... I love Miami, I love sun, American muscle cars (of which the newer games have plenty as well of course)... Many nice references to cool things like Miami Vice, the epic movie Scarface, 80s music, etc...

Mark wrote:Looking forward to the next GTA.

Oh yes, me too! September 17th of this year, according to Rockstars website... But thatll be a release for the 360 and PS3... So, it will be a bit longer for PC.

GTA V wiki wrote:GTA V's world is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV combined. Areas in the game world include beach fronts, mountains, the wilderness, a "Salton Sea" region, a military base and the suburbs. The ocean floor is fully detailed and can be explored.

Sweeeet...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Mark » 10 Apr 2013, 11:50

Red Dead Redemption map was huge, how are they going to top that.

Just picked up GTA Lost and the damned and ballad of gay tony from the store btw, all this talk about GTA made me miss GTA 4 :P

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 10 Apr 2013, 23:57

Mark wrote:Just picked up GTA Lost and the damned and ballad of gay tony from the store btw, all this talk about GTA made me miss GTA 4 :P

Funny, I wasnt aware of these expansion packs... I will look into it aswell, haha!

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Mark » 18 Apr 2013, 23:41

USSGreatePier wrote:Funny, I wasnt aware of these expansion packs... I will look into it aswell, haha!

The retail version (which is a standalone game without the need of gta IV) is called: Episodes from liberty city.
Its relative cheap now.

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 27 May 2013, 16:55

USSGreatePier wrote:For now I'll settle for some other V8 Chevy :) I've got my eye on a '91 Caprice as one of the options. Big and comfy...

Well, just over a year later and I more or less stuck to the plan... Not a '91 Caprice but a '92, haha... Sorry guys, no more donations for a while :P lol

Anyway, I'm currently playing Skyrim... Gotta love it. I've only done a few hours of play and butchered a mere 2 dragons, 1 on my own (I'm a big boy now!)...

Are those puzzles annoying anyone else? Hehe...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Mark » 30 May 2013, 21:57

Skyrim love it, I've beaten the game a long time ago and I still play it from time to time!

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 31 May 2013, 02:12

Mark wrote:Skyrim love it, I've beaten the game a long time ago and I still play it from time to time!

That's what I love about free roaming games with gigantic worlds... You can keep on playing forever.

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Steven_ » 31 May 2013, 14:45

I loved Skyrim, even though it was far from perfect. I mainly kept playing because of the great atmosphere and the way you felt emerged in the world. On my main save I played for about 170 hours :geek:

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Mark » 05 Jun 2013, 19:22

Steven_ wrote:I loved Skyrim, even though it was far from perfect. I mainly kept playing because of the great atmosphere and the way you felt emerged in the world. On my main save I played for about 170 hours :geek:

I got a solid 110 hours in my one and only account. Yeah, its far from perfect but the bugs are mostly just funny like dragons falling out of the sky for no reason etc.

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 06 Jun 2013, 00:29

Mark wrote:I got a solid 110 hours in my one and only account. Yeah, its far from perfect but the bugs are mostly just funny like dragons falling out of the sky for no reason etc.

Haha, yeah, I noticed that... Weird stuff. The game is very buggy indeed. They also didn't really do their best making the pc version of this game. But, compared to previous Elder Scrolls, the game loads very quickly... I remember going for a walk around the house while Morrowind was loading, lol...

Other than that, Skyrim is very enjoyable so far... Still playing almost daily. I'm currently a mere level 39 with Pickpocketing on 100, lol... :lol:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Steven_ » 07 Jun 2013, 08:49

USSGreatePier wrote:They also didn't really do their best making the pc version of this game.

They made a brilliant move though by making the game very accessible for modders on the pc. The 170 hours save I talked about earlier was in the Xbox, but after that I kept playing for quite a while on the pc because of the mods.

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 07 Jun 2013, 09:33

Steven_ wrote:They made a brilliant move though by making the game very accessible for modders on the pc. The 170 hours save I talked about earlier was in the Xbox, but after that I kept playing for quite a while on the pc because of the mods.

Haven't modded anything just yet :) I remember modding the crap out of Morrowind back in the day, haha... You couldn't buy houses like you can in Skyrim without a mod...

I'm up to 57 hours of play currently, and not tired of it at all, haha... Most of the map remains to be discovered... Nice tombs, caverns... Always nice to hunt for items... Also because there's way too much gold available in the game. Every pot, chest or piece of furniture seems to have some gold in it...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Steven_ » 07 Jun 2013, 11:03

USSGreatePier wrote:Haven't modded anything just yet :) I remember modding the crap out of Morrowind back in the day, haha... You couldn't buy houses like you can in Skyrim without a mod...

I'm up to 57 hours of play currently, and not tired of it at all, haha... Most of the map remains to be discovered... Nice tombs, caverns... Always nice to hunt for items... Also because there's way too much gold available in the game. Every pot, chest or piece of furniture seems to have some gold in it...

This makes me nostalgic that I want to play again...

Yeah, money is usually not a problem in the game. Especially if you smith and enchant items that you sell afterwards. And because of his deep pockets, no one beats Lucan Valerius in Riverwood when it comes to selling stuff :mrgreen:

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Mark » 07 Jun 2013, 19:38

I'm planning on building a new pc after summer (my current pc is from 2006 or so), can't wait to play skyrim mods :D

But the main reason I'm getting a new pc is because of Total war: Rome II (and because I'm not going to pick up the new xbox)

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 29 Jul 2013, 09:05

Steven_ wrote:Yeah, money is usually not a problem in the game.

I know, haha... Just passed the 1kk mark :lol:

Steven_ wrote:And because of his deep pockets, no one beats Lucan Valerius in Riverwood when it comes to selling stuff :mrgreen:

Well, it appears it was a bug. He wasn't supposed to have 12k. If you invested 500 in his business, that 500 would be added 20 times to his available cash. It was fixed (unfortunately) with version 1.9 I think...

I installed the 3 expansion packs recently, which gave me loads more stuff to do (and loads more stuff to loot, haha). I'm up to 252 hours of play :lol: Finished the vampire thing already and am about done in Solstheim as well... Still have to check out how to build a house from scratch... Gonna be good :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Bram » 19 Sep 2013, 14:01

Just started Resident Evil 6, hating and loving it at the same time. I've started with the Leon-campain. Usually it plays great, a lot in the style of RE4, but way to often it cuts to stupid quicktime events that are horribly executed and often just unnecessary. Also the fact that you always play with another character takes away way too much of the scary vibe of the game.
But still, I keep playing, so I'm enjoying it enough for the moment. I'm curious about the other campaigns though, I've heard they all have very different gameplay styles.

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic discussions