Learning Frisian

Everything not related to Cross of the Dutchman goes here!

Learning Frisian

Postby jacques » 15 Mar 2014, 02:03

Does anyone know a good way of learning some Frisian?
I've tried eduFrysk, but the lessons available for a free account are rubbish. A goeie, oant sjen, asjeblyft, tankewol. Not very difficult ;)
I've found some other sites with sayings and words and stuff, but the thing that's tougher to grasp is how to pronounce them. My ABN tongue's not really used to the rolling R, and the accents on vowels (like the u, û and ù) confuse me. I don't know which is which.

jacques

Villager
Villager

Re: Learning Frisian

Postby Remco » 15 Mar 2014, 18:21

There are quite a couple of courses on the Afuk website you can check out. I assume it's all Dutch to Frisian.

http://afuk.nl/?page=courses

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Re: Learning Frisian

Postby Mamu » 03 Apr 2014, 23:42

Where do you live? Perhaps, if you can, you can ask Frisian friends/people if you know any to speak Frisian to you rather than Dutch? I'm from a Frisian family and ... well we don't really speak Dutch even when there's a Dutch person in the house, so after even a few days they get accustomed to the sounds at least and later on they can understand nearly everything, then it's a matter of practicing your own pronunciation and sentence building, which I know some people have managed by just practicing with friends... But to be quite honest I have never really come across good online learning resources.

Mamu

Villager
Villager

Return to Off-topic discussions