What's up!

Everything not related to Cross of the Dutchman goes here!

What's up!

Postby Remco » 23 Feb 2014, 19:56

Ugh ... we can't seem to keep a promise, can we?

Just disabled registration on the Forum since we're just getting spam users. Seems fair to give you guys a heads-up on what is going on.

Well, believe it or not, but the game is pretty much complete. We've got the entire storyline, all the missions, all the combat. We're not there yet with all the dialogue yet, but aside from that. It is in pretty good shape.

So why the silence?

Reason #1 - It is busy. And that is an understatement. You know Triangle is the kind of company that takes on work-for-hire projects in order to stay in business. We've taken on a huge project a couple of months ago and it is taking up a lot of our time.

Reason #2 - We're looking for new people on the team. A lot of changes in the past six months or so, meaning that we're a bit under-staffed at the moment. We need a new Bram or Steven to help us keep you guys up to date on CotD.

tldr; Not dead. Just incredibly slow.

My apologies.

Oh btw, for those of you with access to Dutch TV, check out Fryslan DOK (aired yesterday on Nederland 2) My person appears on that show on the very location where Pier's Farm supposedly stood.

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Re: What's up!

Postby trinest » 24 Feb 2014, 00:49

It's done?

Just slap on a beta or early access tag or something and shove it on Steam. Though I guess you would want to have more free time to finish it off and of course start a proper marketing campaign instead of my over hyped approach.

Also what about the books? I paid like $50 for one, then originally it was like "its coming", then "the English one isn't happening anymore(or was that just the Frisian version?)", then "it is happening?". Regardless can I have some clarification on that.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Remco » 24 Feb 2014, 09:20

Were you not contacted personally about the books? We have given everyone a full re-fund because we could not get a clear idea of when the translated versions would be available.

I've met with the publisher last week, and it looks like the first print has almost sold out (which is good). We're starting new talks about a second print, and we're putting a Dutch and English version back on the table. Hope that we're still able to make that happen.

But regardless, you should have gotten a refund. Let me know if you have.

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 24 Feb 2014, 09:24

trinest wrote:Just slap on a beta or early access tag or something and shove it on Steam.

Ooh, beta testing would be fun :)

Remco wrote:we're putting a Dutch and English version back on the table. Hope that we're still able to make that happen.

Interesting... I'd get both to complete the collection. Originally I ordered the Dutch version for my wife, but she actually started reading the Frisian version last week :lol:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 24 Feb 2014, 12:38

Remco wrote:Were you not contacted personally about the books? We have given everyone a full re-fund because we could not get a clear idea of when the translated versions would be available.

I've met with the publisher last week, and it looks like the first print has almost sold out (which is good). We're starting new talks about a second print, and we're putting a Dutch and English version back on the table. Hope that we're still able to make that happen.

But regardless, you should have gotten a refund. Let me know if you have.

After some intensive searching I finally found the email from the original purchase (I was going crazy, I was like "IM SURE I BOUGHT THE BOOK"). The Paypal transaction doesn't have any refund attached to it, and I can't find any correspondents by email which would of taken place.

I am still interested in the book so if you can give a clear time frame for it I guess you can keep my money? However I never got a refund so that is kind of annoying. I have PMd you my transaction ID if you can do some investigating for me about it?

USSGreatePier wrote:Ooh, beta testing would be fun

Wasn't there originally talk of a Beta?

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Remco » 24 Feb 2014, 13:54

Thanks Trinest, I think it is best to give you a full refund at this time, if we get an e.t.a. of the English version, we'll let you guys know right after. Most important part of the discussion if whether the translations are going to be e-books or paper(back) versions. I'm trying to push for the latter of course.

As for Beta; we've thought about using Steam Early Access for this purpose. We definitely intend to have a thorough play test before releasing anything. We would actually rather have a closed beta before we go with something like Early Access.

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Bram » 24 Feb 2014, 15:23

Remco wrote:We need a new Bram or Steven to help us keep you guys up to date on CotD.

*Loving this part*

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Remco » 24 Feb 2014, 17:07

Time to quit your job. You've seen enough paradise-y things.

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Steven_ » 24 Feb 2014, 17:39

Remco wrote:Time to quit your job. You've seen enough paradise-y things.

I'm not busy at the moment :P

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Remco » 24 Feb 2014, 17:48

Holy crap, everybody is refreshing the forums!

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Steven_ » 24 Feb 2014, 17:51

Remco wrote:Holy crap, everybody is refreshing the forums!

Pier's spirit called upon us.

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 24 Feb 2014, 20:06

Remco wrote:Holy crap, everybody is refreshing the forums!

Steven_ wrote:Pier's spirit called upon us.

Just see it as a sign you need to keep posting stuff :roll:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 25 Feb 2014, 10:08

I feel like there is some kind of animal magnetism which attracts people here at the right moment.

Also I got the refund, cheers. :)

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Remco » 25 Feb 2014, 10:38

trinest wrote:I feel like there is some kind of animal magnetism which attracts people here at the right moment.

Also I got the refund, cheers. :)

(Y)

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 04 Apr 2014, 01:43

Remco wrote:(...) if we get an e.t.a. of the English version, we'll let you guys know right after. Most important part of the discussion if whether the translations are going to be e-books or paper(back) versions.

Mamu, myself and a veritable army of Pierfans were wondering how the meeting with the publisher went... Is the silence a good, suspense building thing? :P

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 26 Jun 2014, 13:48

Boo.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 26 Jun 2014, 18:26

trinest wrote:Boo.

Image .... Hmmmgh?!

Image Wut?...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 05 Jul 2014, 11:29

Did I wake you up?

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 06 Jul 2014, 07:49

trinest wrote:Did I wake you up?

You have awoken me from my ancient slumber... You might even have started to awaken the entire forum, Odin forbid... :o

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 14 Jul 2014, 09:18

I was hoping this would attract some people to you know...give an update.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 14 Jul 2014, 10:46

trinest wrote:I was hoping this would attract some people to you know...give an update.

Remco, someone is calling you... The magic word 'update' has been mentioned... So, ehm...... :roll:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Remco » 29 Aug 2014, 10:12

Believe it or not, but we're working on the game again. We've been working on a huge commercial project but that is winding down and CotD is the main priority for the entire team.

I'm excited! But it's OK if you won't be until you see something :D

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 29 Aug 2014, 17:32

Remco wrote:Believe it or not, but we're working on the game again. We've been working on a huge commercial project but that is winding down and CotD is the main priority for the entire team.

I'm excited! But it's OK if you won't be until you see something :D

Thank you for your message. But maybe you should introduce yourself first :lol:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Return to Off-topic discussions