Demo, good and bad news discussion.

Everything about Triangle Studios' new game!

Demo, good and bad news discussion.

Postby Mark » 08 Apr 2013, 17:41

First up this thread is about the following news item if you have not read it please take your time to do so:

http://www.crossofthedutchman.com/2013/ ... -bad-news/

Hey everyone,

Sad to hear that the guys at Triangle did not find a partner to release the game with, a shame because the game has such potential.

It is pretty cool that they do not give up and release the demo anyway, I'm looking forward to play it.
However, I have my doubts about crowd-funding and I can only see it work with enough publicity .
Again, I like the idea of releasing the demo anyway it shows the dedication Triangle has to this game but the only way I can see it work is if big dutch gaming community's like IGN Benelux/IG and PU.NL write (positive) about it.

Oh btw: feel free to share your opinion about the news item and don't be shy sharing ideas/examples to turn the luck around for CotD.

Mark

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Re: Demo, good and bad news discussion.

Postby USSGreatePier » 08 Apr 2013, 21:33

Mark wrote:However, I have my doubts about crowd-funding and I can only see it work with enough publicity .

I fully agree... The forum hasnt had a meaningful update in many months, so there isnt a lot of activity on here, it kinda bled to death. A real big waste. Indeed, if a crowdfunding effort was done right now, it wouldnt work...

Im kinda curious to see how Triangle is going to revive this stuff.

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 11 Apr 2013, 03:25

Media demos for previews before the public demo would be nice.

(trying to build a gaming blog again---been awhile, can I have a demo if you do it :P).

In all seriousness though, I agree that kickstarter might not be a good route to go down anymore. The last one was a failure, and I don't think it in general is as exciting and fresh as it once was, people are starting to be less excited about kickstarting projects unless it has some old talent attached.

Also Demo wise "Soon (and with soon, I mean in the next couple of weeks)" the article was from a month ago. Err...
Also is there any updates to the English novel?

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 14 Apr 2013, 13:25

trinest wrote:Also Demo wise "Soon (and with soon, I mean in the next couple of weeks)" the article was from a month ago. Err...

Remco's last visited the forum well over 5 weeks ago... Quite unusual. The spam on the forum has been reported, but not dealt with either... They must be out enjoying the start of spring weather after all that crappy snow... :lol:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Steven_ » 15 Apr 2013, 12:03

Hi guys! Don't worry, we still check te forums. But as the article states 'nothing is going to happen anytime soon', so unfortunately we've got no news to share with you regarding Cross of the Dutchman. The one thing we can say is that we just need to smoothen the rough edges on the demo, which we will do from the beginning of May.

On the topic of the English version of the novel: unfortunately, it won't be released. Instead people who ordered it can get a refund or the Frisian version. We will send an e-mail to everyone who ordered it.

It's good to see you guys care about the project so much. Thanks for the support!

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 15 Apr 2013, 16:04

Steven_ wrote:On the topic of the English version of the novel: unfortunately, it won't be released. Instead people who ordered it can get a refund or the Frisian version. We will send an e-mail to everyone who ordered it.

Just curious... Why is there not going to be an English version? Too little interest? And may I assume the Dutch version is still on?

And thanks for the update, Steven :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Mark » 18 Apr 2013, 23:36

Great to hear from you guys!

Sad to hear the English version of the book is cancelled, now I never get to read it I fear.
As for the demo, good to hear you guys are planning on smoothing it out before launch.

Thanks for the update

Mark

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby trinest » 27 Apr 2013, 05:48

USSGreatePier wrote:
Just curious... Why is there not going to be an English version? Too little interest? And may I assume the Dutch version is still on?

And thanks for the update, Steven :)

It is a shame its been cancelled, I think if it was made it would of attracted more people to the project. Oh well.

I guess now the English Novel isn't happening I'll get a refund? Any ETA on when they will be processed?

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Steven_ » 29 Apr 2013, 16:52

trinest wrote:
It is a shame its been cancelled, I think if it was made it would of attracted more people to the project. Oh well.

I guess now the English Novel isn't happening I'll get a refund? Any ETA on when they will be processed?

Don't worry, you'll get a refund. I'll discuss the whole matter with Timen on wednesday and hope to send the affiliate letters within a week from now. The reason the English version was cancelled was because the publisher only wanted to publish the English version when the game had released(which it did not). :|

Steven_

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby trinest » 30 Apr 2013, 03:13

I guess its understandable they would want to do it that way. Its disappointing, but isn't the end of the world I guess.

Will you look back into publishing it once the game has been released? I assume it sounds like its been translated already?

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Mark » 19 May 2013, 11:32

Hi guys sorry for the inactivity kinda busy now.
Is there any news about the demo release yet?

Mark

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby Ironfangz » 14 Jun 2013, 23:38

I thought; Let's blow some new life in this part of the forum with a little question.

How are the dialogues and the story told in CotD?
Is it by displaying text? Is it voice acted? I've seen YouTube videos of applicants who would like to do the voice of Pier.
Or do we see often some cutscenes with little text which tells us the story?

I've probably asked this at the wrong article... -__-

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer

Postby Mark » 17 Jun 2013, 20:16

Good question, I don't know how much they had to cut because of the budget but who knows? (well we know who knows but still)

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby Ironfangz » 05 Jul 2013, 23:40

I love getting no response...

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer

Postby mrBrander » 09 Jul 2013, 11:27

IronFangz:
Dialogue will be done through text only for now. You'll be able to talk too alot of different NPC's and what not, but only through text. The Story is told via in-game conversations and a couple of slightly animated cut-scenes. Which I'm working on right now! :)

mrBrander

Developer
Developer

Return to Cross of the Dutchman