Fan-Art

Everything about Triangle Studios' new game!

Fan-Art

Postby Ironfangz » 30 Oct 2012, 22:09

Hi,

I made a quick drawing of Pier yesterday. I wanted to show you all. Problem is, I only have it on my own PC.

Does anyone know how I can show it to you all without using a URL? Maybe with Twitter? I don't have facebook.

Don't expect too much while It's drawn within one hour.
I made him a little bit too skinny and the sword is a little bit curved which I didn't notice while drawing.

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 23:18

Re: Fan-Art

Postby USSGreatePier » 30 Oct 2012, 23:14

URL's don't bite :) Just upload the image to a site like Photobucket and paste the URL you receive in a post here...

Curious to see your creation :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain
Posts: 474
Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 22:49

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Ironfangz » 30 Oct 2012, 23:28

Hahaha I know
Do you have any other sites where I can make it a URL? I'm not familiar with photobucket, and I don't want to figure it all out because sometimes it can really be frustrating.

Thank you. Really, don't expect too much because I can do a lot better.

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 23:18

Re: Fan-Art

Postby USSGreatePier » 31 Oct 2012, 00:34

Ironfangz wrote:Do you have any other sites where I can make it a URL? I'm not familiar with photobucket, and I don't want to figure it all out because sometimes it can really be frustrating.


Sure, there are plenty... LINK

But most will probably work in a similar way. But, lucky for you, it's very simple :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain
Posts: 474
Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 22:49

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Ironfangz » 31 Oct 2012, 11:06

Okay, thank you. When I'm home I will figure twitpic out. I think that that will be easy to do. Thank you

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 23:18

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Mark » 31 Oct 2012, 11:24

Imgshack or tinypic(my current choise) work just fine

http://tinypic.com/

Mark

 Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 43
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21

Re: Fan-Art

Postby USSGreatePier » 31 Oct 2012, 13:53

Mark wrote:tinypic(my current choise)


I just love having my own domains :lol:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain
Posts: 474
Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 22:49

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Bram » 31 Oct 2012, 14:31

Fan-art incoming?

*Grabs popcorn*

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 11:24

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Ironfangz » 31 Oct 2012, 20:54

Please everybody, it is just a quick sketch. Please don't expect too much because you will be dissapointed. If I want and put a couple of hours in it, I am a lot better.

edit:
Like I already said, His sword is curved and he is too skinny. It is absolutely NOT the best I've ever made :lol:
plz don't look to what I have written above. I don't know why I spelled Greate wrong. I thought that was te spelling before 1980 :|

http://i47.tinypic.com/15ow2dc.jpg

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 23:18

Re: Fan-Art

Postby USSGreatePier » 31 Oct 2012, 21:51

Pretty damn good :) I'm twice your age and not half as good at drawing stuff, hehe... And the sword is supposed to be like this because of the weight of the thing, hehe...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain
Posts: 474
Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 22:49

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Ironfangz » 31 Oct 2012, 23:26

Thank you very much, :D

USSGreatePier wrote:And the sword is supposed to be like this because of the weight of the thing, hehe...

Maybe, but I think it is curved because the top is more pointed downwards than the beginning of the sword. If you look it from a physical perspective, it is not right.

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 23:18

Re: Fan-Art

Postby mrBrander » 01 Nov 2012, 10:46

Hey IronFangz, looking good there!
U made him even taller as well! :P

Don't know if you're looking for any tips or crits. But a small tip is: Try to work from the inside out. Everyone who starts drawing makes the same mistake, as did I. We tend to start drawing outlines instead of the shapes and forms on the inside. Try to build your character using geometric shapes to get the proportions just right and then start on the outlines. This way your characters will have a lot more volume and won't look like flat paper cut outs.

The best way to learn this is to draw from life. If there are any life drawing courses around your neighbourhood, try and get in. If not, there are a couple websites that provide detailed figures to draw. (http://www.posemaniacs.com/)
Try to limit yourself to 30 secs per drawing, focus on proportions and shapes, the detailing will come later. :)

The best thing u can do is to just keep on drawing, draw every moment u can, even if you don't feel like it. :P

Cheers mate, and if u have any questions whatsoever just ask!

mrBrander

 Developer
Developer
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Sep 2011, 13:46

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Bram » 01 Nov 2012, 11:53

Looking very good Ironfangz! :D And listening to Pascal is always a good idea, when it comes to drawing.

Can't resist posting these though...
Image

Image

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 11:24

Re: Fan-Art

Postby trinest » 01 Nov 2012, 12:59

Oh wow, fan art.

trinest

 Rebel
Rebel
Posts: 56
Joined: 01 May 2012, 12:30

Re: Fan-Art

Postby USSGreatePier » 01 Nov 2012, 18:26

I've designed a few tattoos back in the day... But they took me friggin' DAYS to make, haha :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain
Posts: 474
Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 22:49

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Ironfangz » 01 Nov 2012, 19:53

mrBrander wrote:Don't know if you're looking for any tips or crits. But a small tip is: Try to work from the inside out. Everyone who starts drawing makes the same mistake, as did I. We tend to start drawing outlines instead of the shapes and forms on the inside. Try to build your character using geometric shapes to get the proportions just right and then start on the outlines. This way your characters will have a lot more volume and won't look like flat paper cut outs.

I'm always looking for tips XD.
Thanks for the tip, I shall try it a few times. But I hate those very light lines who are always viewable after erasing :p and I hate guidelines. ('t is wurk fan wurk)

mrBrander wrote:Try to limit yourself to 30 secs per drawing,

Isn't that too short? Even for a practice? I make always some funny cartoons in my summary book. That are short drawings which take me one minute.

I was in Leeuwarden for information days of the NHL today and yesterday. My question is, what kind of study did you study and all the other members of the crew? I think Communication & multimedia design fits the best with me.

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 23:18

Re: Fan-Art

Postby mrBrander » 02 Nov 2012, 12:24

Ironfangz wrote:Thanks for the tip, I shall try it a few times. But I hate those very light lines who are always viewable after erasing :p and I hate guidelines. ('t is wurk fan wurk)


A good way to avoid having to erase those lines is to use a Col Erase Blue pencil. U can get them at every art supply store around. They're just blue pencils, but it has a certain shade of blue that won't show when u scan your work. So u can sketch really loose in blue and tightien up your lines with a normal pencil.
It is really important to do your ground work before going into detail and what not, u should try it!

Ironfangz wrote:Isn't that too short? Even for a practice? I make always some funny cartoons in my summary book. That are short drawings which take me one minute.

Too short? nope! it's even better to do shorter ones! I usually do some 5 to 10 sec gestures to train my forms and shapes. It's all about forcing u to really look at the basic shapes and only focus on that. It isn't important if it looks nice or cool, it's all about learning shapes and gestures.

Ironfangz wrote:I was in Leeuwarden for information days of the NHL today and yesterday. My question is, what kind of study did you study and all the other members of the crew? I think Communication & multimedia design fits the best with me.


I can't speak for anyone else, but I studied Illustration at the Willem de Kooning Academie in Rotterdam. It's HBO. and before that I did a MBO graphic design in Zwolle. All I can say is, don't limit your search to the nearest schools or whatever. It's about finding the right education for you. I don't know alot about CMD but I have heard some pretty terrible things about it... :P

mrBrander

 Developer
Developer
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Sep 2011, 13:46

Re: Fan-Art

Postby Ironfangz » 02 Nov 2012, 19:51

mrBrander wrote: All I can say is, don't limit your search to the nearest schools or whatever. It's about finding the right education for you. I don't know alot about CMD but I have heard some pretty terrible things about it... :P

Well, I still have nothing to worry about :D I'm in the fourth grade of VWO. I still have plenty of time. We were forced to go to Leeuwarden for these information days.

What kind of bad things did you hear? I have heard that you have to be confident, creative and a good teamplayer. And I'm that kind of person (if I may say that about myself). But I'm not trying to go to an HBO. If I am able to go to the university, I will go. :D

Ironfangz

User avatar  Farmer
Farmer
Posts: 28
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 23:18


Return to Cross of the Dutchman



cron