Welcome!

Everything about Triangle Studios' new game!

Re: Welcome!

Postby Knotsie » 18 May 2012, 13:12

Thanks, cool to see there are some active members here, and that the devs are on this forum too :)

Knotsie

Villager
Villager

Postby USSGreatePier » 18 May 2012, 14:07

Knotsie wrote:Thanks, cool to see there are some active members here, and that the devs are on this forum too :)

The forum could be slightly more active, but luckily you're here to help out with that, haha :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Knotsie » 18 May 2012, 18:48

Yeah lol, I'll do what I can :P
Just too bad this game, like more indie games, doesn't seem to get a lot attention.

Knotsie

Villager
Villager

Postby spazzacamino » 19 May 2012, 01:03

The Frisians will know of this game, you can count on Omrop Fytsbân as soon as the game hits the shelves

BTW EPIC FESTIVAL IN DOKKUM WAS SUUUUPEEEEEER (Ik zat in de lieren) woot!!!

spazzacamino

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby Thagarr » 19 May 2012, 13:01

Knotsie wrote:Just too bad this game, like more indie games, doesn't seem to get a lot attention.

Indie games and game devs generally don't get any attention until they do something that forces the big players to notice them, and that usually means money, either through advertising, or promotional materials, or in a lot of cases outright bribery. There are other ways to get noticed however, but it takes a lot of effort. The big fish don't like it when the little fish come looking for morsels in their territory. I have seen it many, many times over the years.

This game has a great story to tell, it is a classic! And the art style of the game is definitely going to set it apart. Please do not misunderstand what I am about to say, it is not meant as a criticism, just an observation. It's great to be proud of and celebrate your heritage! The Firsian people have as diverse and as interesting a heritage as any other ethnic group on earth, and you should definitely be proud of that! That being said however, unless Triangle is planing on selling this game only in North Central Europe, most of your target audience has no idea where the Netherlands is, let alone where or what Friesland is. Your average world citizen can barley locate their own country on a map, let alone someone else's. This game succeeding can help change that, but if you want the world wide sales you are looking for you will definably have to ramp up your marketing strategy and get the word out!

So far I have only seen CoTD mentioned briefly twice in the main stream news outlets that I monitor in the US and in Europe, once when the game was first announced, and once briefly when the Kickstarter campaign was launched. This game is approaching a year of active development, and only a handful of people are aware of it. I know you all are working hard developing the game, and the Game Jam footage, the Mo-cap stuff, the screen shots and blogs all prove that, the game really is looking fantastic! But without a good marketing campaign to go along with it, no one is going to hear about it.

Thagarr

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 19 May 2012, 23:26

Thagarr wrote:Your average world citizen can barley locate their own country on a map, let alone someone else's.

Sad but true :) lol (I do know where I am though :P)

Thagarr wrote:if you want the world wide sales you are looking for you will definably have to ramp up your marketing strategy and get the word out!

Thagarr wrote:This game is approaching a year of active development, and only a handful of people are aware of it.

Thagarr wrote:But without a good marketing campaign to go along with it, no one is going to hear about it.

This stuff sounds kinda rough, but I do think it's true for the most part... Also, the last week or so has been kind of quiet in terms of news and/or interesting updates to keep Kickstarter going... I'd've expected the better quality versions of the gameplay vids to be honest...

Are we going off topic? :) lol... Not that I care... HAH! :P

Anyway, I have absolutely not a single doubt in my mind this game will be extremely epic... But perhaps the Kickstarter goal was slightly too ambitious. Something I do see happening is that the main features we might miss due to Kickstarter potentially failing will be added via updates released after the initial game release. But it would be a waste if the game lacked depths in terms of the story. That's something which is hard to add in updates post-release.

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Remco » 24 May 2012, 09:41

Thagarr is honest and right about his remarks. However, just by running the Kickstarter campaign, we are getting loads more attention to the game than ever before. I do agree that the goal is too ambitious in hindsight. I still remember the discussions about the goal being too ambitious and now, it looks like it really is.

Make no mistake, we are committed to make this project the best it can be. But if Kickstarter fails, we will need to come up with a different approach to finishing this game. For now, we are fighting to make our goals. Anything else we'll discuss on June 1st :-)

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Thagarr » 24 May 2012, 13:45

There is nothing wrong with being ambitious, if your going to aim for something, aim high! The Kickstarter campaign was a fantastic idea, and there are other crowdsource funding options that might be worth a try as well. Any publicity, even if it is bad, is good publicity.

I am committed to helping you mates make this game succeed if I can, and I will be here for as long as it takes. I only wish I had more free time to help.

Thagarr

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 24 May 2012, 15:58

I used to aim high as well, but then I had to clean the toilet all the time...

But seriously, 50 large may be a bit steep indeed, but it's kinda sad that Triangle will receive naught if that mark isn't reached... My guess is the counter will halt at about $13.826 and about 58 cents... give or take. That kind of money would've been good for something :) Too bad Kickstarter doesn't work like that.

I'm curious to see what else you have in store to give this campaign a boost :) Who knows some rich kid comes along and donates his life savings, hehe... (You should make a $40.000 pledge level for that guy :P)

It ain't over till it's over :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby spazzacamino » 24 May 2012, 19:38

Ill Give another €100,- if i get a Chimney sweeping Character named Sikke

spazzacamino

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby Remco » 24 May 2012, 20:25

You guys simply have to check out the livestream we're doing tomorrow, also use your Reddit upvotes to kick our topic. We'll keep going until the very end, but it looks like no matter what we do, it doesn't convert to new backers.

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Knotsie » 24 May 2012, 23:34

Have you tried to get to the big guys? like contacting the international game sites, the famous youtubers (please try totalhalibut)
That could get a lot of backers, who could tell their friends thus make a huge difference

Knotsie

Villager
Villager

Postby Bram » 07 Sep 2012, 08:54

You're absolutely right, being covered by one of the big Youtubechannels would be great. TotalHalibut is the first one that springs to my mind as well, but there are of course a lot more with many viewers. I'll look into it!
Our trailer has been picked up by some big channels like The Escapist Magazine and Machinima, but then again, those guys will probably pick up anything ;)

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby trinest » 11 Sep 2012, 13:56

Even if fans do their own videos I think it will be good for you guys and will pick up interest.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 11 Sep 2012, 16:20

trinest wrote:Even if fans do their own videos I think it will be good for you guys and will pick up interest.

That sounds like an offer to make a video ;)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 12 Sep 2012, 02:44

Don't read to much into it ;)

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Mark » 09 Oct 2012, 11:44

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark Terpstra.
A 20 year old Dutchman living in Den Helder, although as my surname suggest I got Frisian roots. My father is from Fryslan and most of my family from his side still live there. Got interested in this game because my father used to tell me the story's of him back when I was a kid. Currently studying economics in Amsterdam and after I finished my study I want to win the jackpot and spend the rest of my live sleeping and gaming, not sure if thats going to work as planned so working on a back-up.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Mark

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby Bram » 09 Oct 2012, 11:56

I like that life goal. Think I'll make it mine as well :P
And welcome to the forums! Nice to see a new member :)

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Mark » 09 Oct 2012, 12:12

Bram wrote:I like that life goal. Think I'll make it mine as well :P
And welcome to the forums! Nice to see a new member :)

I guess every one secretly got that as a life goal, why hide it :P.
And thanks for the welcome!

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby USSGreatePier » 09 Oct 2012, 20:35

Mark wrote:I want to win the jackpot and spend the rest of my live sleeping and gaming

Hey Mark, welcome!

Just a reminder, the Staatsloterij draw is tomorrow ;)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Bram » 10 Oct 2012, 09:09

I'm playing Lotto. Every Saturday for me!

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Timen » 10 Oct 2012, 17:30

Welcome Mark! How did you get in touch with our little game?

Timen

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Mark » 11 Oct 2012, 17:59

Few months ago a friend passed me an news article about this game(since he knows I got Frisian roots) and thats when I got interested in this game since my dad used to tell me story's about Pier when I was young(er)

Mark

Farmer
Farmer

Postby jacques » 12 Feb 2014, 12:08

Moarn,

I found this site a while ago. I've been checking it regularly since. I really like the idea for a game to be developed in NL (and I think it's going to be a very cool game). So I signed up for the newsletter and here forum. Can't wait to see new footage.

Oant sjen

jacques

Villager
Villager

Postby USSGreatePier » 12 Feb 2014, 16:02

Hey J.

Wolkom!

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

PreviousNext