Cross of the Dutchman novel

Everything about Triangle Studios' new game!

Re: Cross of the Dutchman novel

Postby trinest » 27 Mar 2013, 08:43

Its a shame the translated versions have been scrapped. Still havnt got an email offering me the refund yet? Good news that the games demo is coming soon though :D

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 27 Mar 2013, 19:19

trinest wrote:Its a shame the translated versions have been scrapped.

Scrapped? Where did you get that idea from? For as far as I know, they're still on, unless I missed something...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 28 Mar 2013, 02:30

Oh so it isn't scrapped. Its just the Frisian that is. Is there any update to the English version yet then?

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Mamu » 21 Feb 2014, 22:05

Hoi!
I so happened to bump into this book when I was browsing for books not much like this one. I had before tried to read more about Grutte Pier, just out of curiousity. Wasn't I lucky to just have browsed the Frisian section purely out of secret nationalistic tendencies, because I found this novel! It was such a nice read, and I did not want to finish. Sadly there was an end to this book = ( Anyway, just wanted to say it was great and I will surely read it again, purely out of my secret nationalistic tendencies ^^
Cheers!

Mamu

Villager
Villager

Postby USSGreatePier » 21 Feb 2014, 22:24

Mamu wrote:Hoi!
I so happened to bump into this book when I was browsing for books not much like this one. I had before tried to read more about Grutte Pier, just out of curiousity. Wasn't I lucky to just have browsed the Frisian section purely out of secret nationalistic tendencies, because I found this novel! It was such a nice read, and I did not want to finish. Sadly there was an end to this book = ( Anyway, just wanted to say it was great and I will surely read it again, purely out of my secret nationalistic tendencies ^^
Cheers!

Don't be secretive about your nationalistic tendencies, haha... :lol: The book is really well-written indeed! My wife (whom does not speak Frisian, haha) is also reading it currently. Seems to go well :D

And welcome to the forums, I see you're still pretty new around here :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Mamu » 22 Feb 2014, 00:54

USSGreatePier wrote:Don't be secretive about your nationalistic tendencies, haha... :lol: The book is really well-written indeed! My wife (whom does not speak Frisian, haha) is also reading it currently. Seems to go well :D

And welcome to the forums, I see you're still pretty new around here :)

Haha, it is a tendency that is often not understood, mostly because the people I meet don't even know about the existence of Frisia, but I will explain it over and over again xD

Pretty new, I discovered it around Christas when I looked through the other pages of the book =p How is the game going ??

Mamu

Villager
Villager

Postby USSGreatePier » 22 Feb 2014, 01:48

Mamu wrote:How is the game going ??

I wish I knew...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 24 Feb 2014, 00:54

USSGreatePier wrote:
I wish I knew...

Good news everyone. Its complete and been released right now.

I mean. No, but there is an update in the Off Topic section.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 24 Feb 2014, 09:14

trinest wrote:Good news everyone. Its complete and been released right now.

I mean. No, but there is an update in the Off Topic section.

lol :P

Anyway, it's a good thing there's some word from the team.

To make this post on-topic: go read the book. :roll:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Bram » 24 Feb 2014, 15:32

The book is still in a prominent spot in my bookcase, but I still haven't read it yet. Frysian is still a bit too hard for me I'm afraid. So dibs on the translations whenever they arrive, ebooks or paper, I'm glad with either! :P

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Mamu » 01 Mar 2014, 20:31

Bram wrote:The book is still in a prominent spot in my bookcase, but I still haven't read it yet. Frysian is still a bit too hard for me I'm afraid. So dibs on the translations whenever they arrive, ebooks or paper, I'm glad with either! :P

Or you could try and learn Frisian = D =p

Mamu

Villager
Villager

Postby jacques » 15 Mar 2014, 02:08

If only I knew Frisian...

jacques

Villager
Villager

Postby Mamu » 03 Apr 2014, 23:35

So there's going to be no translations whatsoever? I was thinking of translating it to English for my friends to read (because it is so important they know a bit of Frisian history and all that =p) Then thought, well if it's translated anyway.. but apparently not?

Mamu

Villager
Villager

Postby USSGreatePier » 04 Apr 2014, 01:38

Mamu wrote:So there's going to be no translations whatsoever? I was thinking of translating it to English for my friends to read (because it is so important they know a bit of Frisian history and all that =p) Then thought, well if it's translated anyway.. but apparently not?

Check out this post, it's the most recent news on the books (about a month and a half old).

http://www.crossofthedutchman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=391#p1883

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Cross of the Dutchman