Cross of the Dutchman novel

Everything about Triangle Studios' new game!

Re: Cross of the Dutchman novel

Postby spazzacamino » 26 Jun 2012, 17:04

Audio Book = Great Idea

spazzacamino

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby Remco » 27 Jun 2012, 11:50

USSGreatePier wrote:It'll only cost you a couple of gallons of coffee... There are probably plenty of volunteers to record an audio book. You already tapped a source of voice talents with the auditions for Pier's voice.

Well, recording good audio isn't something you do on an afternoon. Especially not since we know how much detail is going into the book ...

Studio time is probably the most expensive.

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby trinest » 30 Jun 2012, 10:27

You need someone who sounds like butter on the ears for the audio book.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 30 Jun 2012, 21:11

trinest wrote:You need someone who sounds like butter on the ears for the audio book.

Can't hear shit if I have butter on my ears...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby spazzacamino » 22 Jul 2012, 11:03

Why do you want to hear shit??? ASSGrea....nah joking

spazzacamino

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby Glenn de Moor » 26 Aug 2012, 11:31

I was wondering if there's a different way to donate to Cross of the Dutchman and purchase the novel rather than through PayPal? iDEAL would be... well, ideal.

Glenn de Moor

Outcast
Outcast

Postby USSGreatePier » 26 Aug 2012, 23:27

Glenn de Moor wrote:I was wondering if there's a different way to donate to Cross of the Dutchman and purchase the novel rather than through PayPal? iDEAL would be... well, ideal.

I remember asking this myself somewhere on the forum, but the search function isn't all that good, it seems; can't find it. Anyway, the answer was something like it being quite a fuss setting such an option up.

But anyway, credit cards are available as well. Through Paypal, that is... But that shouldn't matter :) I've donated and ordered books using credit card, but I agree iDeal would've been ideal... Such a delightful way to pay.

In my humble opinion, the devs should've striked the iron while it was hot, immediately after the Kickstarter campaign ended they should've promoted the donation button on the site and added iDeal... I mean, they had like $11,000-ish worth of pledges people were willing to give... I bet they have nowhere near that amount in donations now. It's been far too quiet since Kickstarter. Oh well :) Let's not get too negative, I mean these guys and girls are working their butts off to make a brilliant game! Haha :D

Besides, Timen (one of the devs) may have kind of mentioned something may be about to happen again (check here), so we'll wait patiently and with the necessary expectations ;)

And welcome to the forum, Glenn! :)

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Glenn de Moor » 27 Aug 2012, 08:34

USSGreatePier wrote:But anyway, credit cards are available as well. Through Paypal, that is... But that shouldn't matter :) I've donated and ordered books using credit card, but I agree iDeal would've been ideal... Such a delightful way to pay.

In my humble opinion, the devs should've striked the iron while it was hot, immediately after the Kickstarter campaign ended they should've promoted the donation button on the site and added iDeal... I mean, they had like $11,000-ish worth of pledges people were willing to give... I bet they have nowhere near that amount in donations now. It's been far too quiet since Kickstarter. Oh well :) Let's not get too negative, I mean these guys and girls are working their butts off to make a brilliant game! Haha :D

Besides, Timen (one of the devs) may have kind of mentioned something may be about to happen again (check here), so we'll wait patiently and with the necessary expectations ;)

And welcome to the forum, Glenn! :)

Thanks for the welcome! Not sure how it is that I discovered this game so damn late. I've been working on various ways to portray Dutch medieval history in games by developing mods for both Medieval II Total War and Mount & Blade Warband and yet I miss something out like this! Frustrating!

My main problem concerning PayPal is that I don't own a Credit Card, so my only option is either Direct Debit or use of Electronical Banking like iDeal. But, hey, fair enough. If there's something going to happen again soon, I'll hold my breath and patiently wait for it :)

PS: I've posted a message to my Dutch contacts on TWcenter. The main Total War community. I hope they will spread the word that a Dutch historical game is in the making.

Glenn de Moor

Outcast
Outcast

Postby spazzacamino » 28 Aug 2012, 16:02

Every soul is 1 !! great to have you onboard!

spazzacamino

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 05 Sep 2012, 21:44

Good to hear about the upcoming novel release! :) I can't remember ever being excited about a book before, hehe...

Any of you pre-order one or more novels already?

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Bram » 06 Sep 2012, 21:54

I've been to three different bookstores in Leeuwarden (Frieslands capital) this evening, looking for a book about Pier. Didn't find a single one. Let's see if we can change that in a few weeks!

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby Thagarr » 07 Sep 2012, 21:36

USSGreatePier wrote:Any of you pre-order one or more novels already?

Yup! :mrgreen:

Thagarr

User avatar  Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 07 Sep 2012, 22:26

Bram wrote:I've been to three different bookstores in Leeuwarden (Frieslands capital) this evening, looking for a book about Pier. Didn't find a single one.

That's just fudging sad......

Thagarr wrote:Yup! :mrgreen:

Well done!

Now then... Anyone know a good website where I can learn to read?

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Bram » 08 Sep 2012, 01:19

Nijntje.nl was a great help to me. Nijntje even reads you stories!

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 08 Sep 2012, 18:28

Bram wrote:Nijntje.nl was a great help to me. Nijntje even reads you stories!

Thanks! Though I'm terrified of them bunnies :o I'll try and live with it...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 11 Sep 2012, 14:03

Those bunny videos are crazy.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Bram » 11 Sep 2012, 14:08

Yeah, welcome to our national heritage 8-)

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby trinest » 11 Sep 2012, 14:12

Finally ordered a book. English version cause I have hard enough time reading English I don't need to be even more confused.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 11 Sep 2012, 16:25

trinest wrote:Finally ordered a book.

Sweet :) well done... I sure hope it'll arrive somewhere next month... Damn! :o That reminds me... Need to drop by Ikea for a bookcase! :lol: Have nowhere to put those book yet :roll:

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 12 Sep 2012, 02:45

So many things are coming next month in the mail I just know its going to be fun.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby USSGreatePier » 12 Sep 2012, 21:40

trinest wrote:So many things are coming next month in the mail

Starting with my new worker shoes this Saturday and my paycheck about a week later... Oh! :? You meant gamy thingies! Sorry... :lol:

I wonder when we'll be able to pre-order the game itself...

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby Bram » 12 Sep 2012, 21:49

My hidden-question-sense is tingling...

Bram

User avatar  Developer
Developer

Postby USSGreatePier » 13 Sep 2012, 16:28

Nah, don't want to rush the team :) I'd much rather wait another full year for a perfect game than having a bugridden semi-product... :D

USSGreatePier

User avatar  Captain
Captain

Postby trinest » 17 Sep 2012, 13:43

Now now, I would love to preorder early as long as there was an appropriate TBA date to fund the game during its progress.

Also when would the book be shipping?
Last edited by trinest on 28 Sep 2012, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

trinest

Rebel
Rebel

Postby Remco » 26 Sep 2012, 08:54

Hey Trinest, Sorry about keeping you (and other pre-orders) in the dark about the launch of the book. The thing is, there was a delay at the publisher at the time when the book was supposed to reviewed. It took them some time to clean up the act and review the manuscript again. Now it is all being taken care of, and the book will be in the printers' queue pretty soon. We don't have a firm date yet, but the first version is likely going to be released in November.

Also, translation is currently taking place for the Dutch and English versions. Printing should not take much longer, so we expect those to follow soon after.

Remco

User avatar  Developer
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Cross of the Dutchman