Kickstarter for CotD
For months we’ve been working internally on CotD, and with an avid group of followers, it’s been quite the adventure already. However, we’re kicking things into high gear, and we’ve launched a kickstarter campaign to generate funds to help us finish Cross of the Dutchman, and make it a huge success! In short, Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform where projects are given the chance to raise money to help realize, finish or add to the project. In our case, it’s a bit of everything. Our goal is to raise $50.000 before the month of May is over. A huge challenge, but with your help, we can make it happen!
When you’re backing Cross of the Dutchman, you will be rewarded handsomely for your contribution. To give you an example of what we’re offering, please take a look at the following shortlist;
* Ambassador status on the CotD Community boards.
* Get invited to the CotD Beta, and be one of the first to play this epic adventure.
* The original soundtrack to the game.
* An kickstarter-exclusive T-shirt and Poster .
* The opportunity to join us for the CotD launch party.
* Have an avatar of yourself appear in the game, and work with us on your own original dialogue!
* And for ten of our most valued backers, we will create a beautifully handcrafted sword, engraved with the CotD mark, and your initials!
Of course, it’s important to know what we will do with the generated funds. We have some very cool things in store:
- New game modes, Multiplayer co-op is on the very top of our list.
- Voice overs for the entire campaign.
- Additional main and sidequests.
- Additional characters and animations.
- Additional cutscenes (see teaser trailer).
On top of that, we will also use the funds to:
- Hire translators to localize the game to German, French, Spanish and Italian (In addition to English, Dutch and Frisian).
- Attend tradeshows such as the GDC and GamesCOM to form partnerships that allows us to bring the game to consoles.
- Fund the writing and publishing of the novel Cross of the Dutchman.
The launch of the Kickstarter campaign means our development cycle is coming to an end. This is a good thing, because we want all of you to experience this awesome project. It also means that the team is giving it their very best in order to make our goals and deadlines. So please have a look at our Kickstarter page, and support us!